April 15, 2014
6:00 - 7:30 PM
Round-table Discussion: Ruby Debugging
Inspired by a recent episode of the Ruby Rogues podcast, we'll have a an open round-table discussion of Ruby debugging and debugging software in general. This will be primarily a group discussion, so come prepared with any debugging questions or techniques you'd like to share.
Topics to be discussed may include some or all of the following:
- Reading error messages and stack traces
- Using puts or logging statements
- Experimentation / hypothesis testing
- Unit tests & integration tests as debugging aids
- Using source code revision history
- Effective use of search engines
- Ruby debuggers
- What to do when a bug appears in production but not development or test environments
There will be plenty of time for questions and discussion.
Please join us no matter what your level of Ruby expertise might be!
Thanks to the Palmer Group for providing pizza for this meeting.
Merchants Bonding Company
2100 Fleur Drive
Des Moines, Iowa, 50321
This is across the street from Grays Lake and just south of Waterworks Park.
Park behind the building on the south side and enter through the patio.
Wi-fi Internet access is available.