March 19, 2013
6:00 - 7:30 PM
Darrin Holst / @darrinholst
RubyMotion is a set of tools that allows you to create native iOS applications for iPhone or iPad using the Ruby language.
A few major points from the RubyMotion website:
- Command-line interface for creating and maintaining apps.
- Build apps using Rake.
- Based on MacRuby codebase, developed over 5 years at Apple.
- Produces compiled, native iOS apps.
- Full access to all Objective-C APIs.
- 100% compliant with Apple's App Store guidelines.
Darrin is a Des Moines area software developer currently working for Lean TECHniques and a frequent speaker at the Iowa Ruby Brigade.
Thanks to Merchants Bonding Company for providing pizza for this meeting.
218 1/2 5th Street
West Des Moines, Iowa, 50265
This is in the heart of Valley Junction. The front door is usually locked during our meeting times, so park behind (west of) the building and enter there. The back door is at the top of the steps and has the address printed on it.
Wi-fi Internet access is available.
Btw, according to Levi, the only venue dictated rule is: Don't set your ass, beer, or pizza on the pool table.