December 9, 2010
6:00 - 7:30 PM
JRuby is a pure-Java implementation of Ruby. It is Ruby for the JVM.
Besides being a rock-solid implementation of Ruby (some say JRuby is currently the best Ruby available ), JRuby also provides integration between Ruby and the JVM.
We'll discuss and see demos of the following
- Running Java code from JRuby
- Running Ruby code from Java (embedding JRuby)
- JRuby Compiler
- Deploying Ruby web applications as WAR files
- Testing Java code using Ruby test frameworks
- JRuby / Ant integration
Coldwell Banker / Mid-America Group Realtors
8825 Northpark Court
Just north of I35/80 at the 86th Street exit.
GPS coordinates: N 41° 39.368' W 93° 44.378'
Wi-fi Internet access is available.
We have some books from Pearson Education / Addison-Wesley to give away.
We'll also give away the winner's choice of the following JetBrains products:
- RubyMine Personal License
- IntelliJ IDEA Personal License
- ReSharper Personal License
- TeamCity Build Agent
Dinner After the Meeting
If you can, please plan to join us for dinner at a local restaurant after the meeting.