Thursday, April 17, 2008
6:00 - 7:30 PM
David W. Body / Big Creek Software, LLC
Capistrano, a tool for automating tasks on remote servers, has become the de facto standard for deploying Rails applications. But it can be used for many other things, including deploying applications written in other languages and frameworks, as well as general system administration. David's presentation will cover the following topics:
- Getting started with Capistrano
- Capistrano's requirements and assumptions
- Writing Capistrano recipes
- Deploying Rails applications with Capistrano
- Rolling back changes on remote servers
- Using Capistrano for system administration and other tasks
User Group Business
We'll also discuss some user group business, including
- Possible group programming project
- Alternative meeting dates and locations
O'Reilly has donated a copy of The Ruby Programming Language by David Flanagan and Yukihiro Matsumoto for us to give away at the meeting. To be eligible to win, you must be present at the meeting and be on our mailing list.
5959 Grand Ave
West Des Moines, Iowa
We meet in the main auditorium on the second floor. Wi-fi Internet access is available.
Map (DMACC West)
Dinner After the Meeting
If you can, please plan to join us for dinner at a local restaurant after the meeting.