Thursday, December 20, 2007
6:00 - 7:30 PM
Josh More / Alliance Technologies
Web Application Security
Josh More presents an excerpt from SANS 504: Hacker Techniques, Exploits and Incident Handling. We will cover issues like Cross Site Scripting (XSS) and SQL Injection, with examples in a Ruby on Rails application.
Josh More has fourteen years of experience in IT, and seven years working in Security. He has designed, developed, and implemented distributed Linux-based secure products. He has also been the lead for all technical security matters -- ranging from incident handling to prevention -- in multiple companies. From a business perspective, he has consulted on security policy, vulnerability analysis, and strategy. He will be teaching a SANS security course in Des Moines in January 2008.
400 Locust Street, Suite 840
Des Moines, Iowa
- Park at the ramp at 4th and Grand, or drive around and find a spot on the street. (ramp parking costs $, street parking is free after 6).
- Come into the capital square building and take the escalator to the 2nd floor. (If you come in via the skywalk, you will already be on the second floor.)
- Walk around to where the elevators are, sign in, and take an elevator to the 8th floor.
- Walk towards the near wall, turn left and cross the little bridge. (The big bridge is the wrong way).
- Take the first left after you exit the small bridge. Do not turn left until after you have crossed the bridge.
We are in a conference room on the left, after you pass several rooms and cubes. Generally, you can just follow the noise.
If you get lost, call Josh More at: 515-245-7701
Map (Alliance Technologies)
Dinner After the Meeting
If you can, please plan to join us for dinner at a local restaurant after the meeting.