Ruby on Rails Developer
Tired of commuting? Looking for challenging interesting work? Work remote at Praxik! Praxik LLC, is a startup company, located in Ames, IA. We're looking for smart developers to help us develop agronomic decision services driven by environmental simulations.
What you need for this position:
- Proficiency with Ruby on Rails
- Programming Ability, you write unit tests and know how to use version control
- Experience with SQL databases such as Postgresql
- Proficiency with Linux
- Ability to solve novel problems
- Willingness to learn new development tools
What you will be doing:
- Developing agronomic decision applications
- Troubleshooting and support
What's in it for you:
- Competitive salary
- $1 signing bonus wrapped in bacon
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Opportunity to improve your development skills
- Opportunity to work on challenging problems that impact the world
- Opportunity to work with great co-workers in a collaborative environment
If these opportunities and experiences match qualities that describe you, please apply today! Submit your resume, cover letter, and a list of at least three references to email@example.com.
2701 Kent Av, Ste 130
Ames, IA 50010-7113
Posted Feb 08, 2014
OnTheBlock is seeking a developer for an immediate position. OnTheBlock has been developing new technologies for the auto industry for the past three years. Just launched as of recent we are looking for a candidate that meets all requirements below but also has the ability to be a team player and take the lead on continued maintenance of the existing platform and also be able to expand and add to what we already have. Stream lining our technology is key for the industry. We have a unique niche and the only company out there doing what we are doing today! Our existing developers are a Chicago based firm whom will stay involved at a minimum level. The task is to phase all development in house and begin growing our platform across the 80,000 franchise and independent auto dealers in the United States with growth into Canada and then licensing opportunities world wide. You will report directly to the officers/founders of the company.
- 2-3 years experience in Ruby and Ruby-on-Rails
- Experience with Sidekiq or Resque
- Adept with SQL
- Familiarity with the Foundation user interface framework
- HAML/SASS and responsive design
- Comfortable with 3rd party integrations via REST/JSON and SOAP APIs
- Moderate experience with ElasticSearch necessary, some complex search queries
- Must be experienced with testing in RSpec and Capybara, very important
- Experience with Heroku or similar cloud environments desired
Please email me @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted Jan 28, 2014
Below are the two positions we're looking to immediately fill. Any interest and resumes can be sent to me.
These are remote positions, and will have some occasional travel to Mason City for face time and code-fests.
DEVELOPER – APPLICATION GROUP
StreetCred Software, Inc., seeks immediately a developer to expand its core application development team.
Description We seek a developer to expand our growing development department. You will be creating new features that enhance our core product. As a member of our core application group, you must be highly motivated to design and implement modules, processes and applications that address challenges faced by our customers (preferably before they request it), streamline their workflows and make operations more efficient, effective and transparent. You will add functionality that delivers tactical information in a fast and usable manner. You must demonstrate the highest respect for the security of the information you work with. You will report to the Vice President, Software Development.
DATA INGESTION TECHNICIAN
StreetCred Software, Inc., seeks immediately a data ingestion technician.
Description We are looking for a capable, creative and competent technician to parse and ingest data from various sources into our databases. You will be tasked with developing methods to import data from sources such as APIs, databases, websites, Acrobat documents, spreadsheets, and other data files. You will need to respect and protect the security of this data while maintaining transparency of the source. Some of these data ingestion routines will be automated, while others will be user-initiated. You will report to the Vice President, Software Development.
StreetCred Software, Inc
StreetCred is proud to be a 2013 Code for America Accelerator company. For more, visit http://codeforamerica.org/accelerator
Posted Jan 04, 2014
Red 5 interactive is looking for a Ruby/Rails developer.
Inquire at http://r5i.com/contact and include your LinkedIn page or resume.
Posted Jan 03, 2014